Ski Program 2019-20
New Parent Ski Orientation - For those of you who were unable to attend the meeting, you can view the PowerPoint Presentation here.
Ski Busses - CHAPTER membership enables your student to ride the charter each week free of charge. Without CHAPTER membership, you will be billed $160 through ACH on January 1st. The cost to join CHAPTER is just $85, and the deadline to do so is December 20th. You can join here.
Registering for Group Lessons
Group login information for the 2020 Summit Ski program. - https://securestore.summitatsnoqualmie.com/slc_sales/grplogin.aspx
Login: CHA / Password: SNOWMAN (case sensitive)
Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to select the Grade level. You will then need to answer a few simple questions to help the instructors group your child. Please read through all the information carefully and if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me.
All students who want to participate in the 2020 Ski program will also need to purchase a 2020 Season pass. You will have the option of choosing Limited ( weekdays) or Unlimited( weekdays and weekends). The ski lift is included in the season pass price. All parents should purchase the season pass 2 weeks prior to the start of the program. If they do not have a pass by then, they will be required to drive up to the summit to get a pass.
- Ski Gear Check - January 6th and 7th from 7:30 am-8:30 am.
- 3rd- 5th Ski Days - Wednesdays, 1/8/20, 1/15/20, 1/22/20, 1/29/20, 2/5/20, 2/12/20 (Make-Up)
- K-2nd Ski Days - Thursdays, 1/9/20, 1/16/20, 1/23/20, 1/30/20, 2/6/20, 2/13/20 (Make-Up)
Ski Equipment - Although the ski program is still several months away it is vitally important that all parents start to think about ski rentals now. If left till the last minute getting hold of the correct skiing gear can be very challenging and often end in disappointment which is not something that I want anyone to experience. It is your choice whether you rent or buy ski equipment. However, it’s imperative that all students must be present upon rental or purchase of any equipment. The reason for this is so the vendor can fit the correct bindings for each student ensuring comfort and safety. As a staff, we do not touch or tamper with students’ bindings before, during or after the program. Good rental places providing quality equipment:
- Sturtevant’s- Bellevue- 13131 NE 20th St, Bellevue, WA 98005
- Gerks Ski and Cycle - Issaquah -1485 11th Ave NW, Issaquah, WA 98027
- Play It Again Sports - Woodinville- 13210 NE 175th St, Woodinville, WA 98072
Ski Equipment Check (Jan. 6th & 7th) - Coach Sturgess will do a check of all gear needed for the upcoming ski season. Below is a list of the main things he will be looking for:
- We’re looking to see that they have all the necessary gear and that it is safe and appropriately sized.
- We look for proper labeling (last name on poles, skis (or board), boots, goggles, and helmet). We also recommend writing name on inside of gloves/mittens, coat, and gear bag.
- We will check that the streamers are attached to helmet.
- We make sure their pass is attached to their coat and in a place that will not create problems (such as high on their coat where it will flap against their face).
- Each morning as students arrive to drop off gear on the days they ski, we do a quick check then, too. The purpose is to ensure that they will not get on the bus and arrive at the mountain without an important piece of equipment or clothing. We look for boots, helmet, goggles, skis/board, poles (if they use them), gloves/mittens, coat, and pass on coat. We also want to see extra clothes, especially if conditions are really wet or cold
Ski Season 2020: Parent Volunteers - We would love to recruit some parent volunteers for this upcoming 2020 season. We ask that parent volunteers be at the lower parking lot by the gym to start loading skis onto the bus at 8:15 am. Part of your volunteer role will include loading/unloading skis and carrying lunch coolers to and from the lodge. All parent volunteers must provide their own transportation to and from the mountain, as well as bring a lunch for yourself. You may drive your student home directly from the mountain if that works best for you. Students arrive back at CHA on the charter bus around 4:00 pm.
The CHA Ski program is a highlight on the calendar for everyone involved and I’m very much looking forward to making this year’s program a great success. Please contact me if you have any questions.