In this update:
- Important Upcoming Dates
- Teaching Staff for the 2021-2022 Year
- Parent Survey
- CHAPTER Flower Baskets
- CHA Rebranding
- Specialists’ Newsletter
- Weekly Snack List
Important upcoming dates:
- April 30 – Material Pickup for REACH Students
- May 3 – Family Satisfaction Survey Closes
- May 7 – Courageous Conversations
- May 7 – Material Pickup for REACH Students
- May 11-12 – Virtual Spring Recital
- May 14 – Material Pickup for REACH Students
- May 21 – Material Pickup for REACH Students
- May 24-28 – Spirit Week
- May 28 – Material Pickup for REACH Students
- May 31 – Memorial Day – No School, No Childcare
- June 1 – TADS Enrollment Due
While it’s often very difficult to say “good-bye” to people who have been our teachers, our supporters, and our guides, it happens throughout our lives. We are always in the process of thanking someone for what they’ve done for us as we move on to the next opportunity. We thank each of the CHA teachers and staff who have given so much and who are looking forward to some exciting new experiences. Listed below are colleagues who will be concluding their tenure at CHA at the end of this academic year:
- Carmela Saccardo will be moving to Boston at the end of the school year
- Ilene Gorski will be venturing into a new career
You’ve both had a positive impact on our community, and we wish you well. With their departure and the addition of classrooms, we look forward to welcoming the following new colleagues in August:
- Morgan Suddendorf – First Grade
- Brook Koski – Second Grade
Teaching Staff for the 2021-2022 year will be as follows:
- Kindergarten Team: Sam Palladino, Kristina Bernal, Lindsey Roseland, Samantha Huss
- First Grade Team: Danielle Carver, Veronica Luckey, Annika Jenson, Morgan Suddendorf
- SPARC First Grade: Chelsea Roberts
- Second Grade Team: Lisa Duffina, Jeryl Kolb, Spenser Moore, Brook Koski
- Third Grade Team: Natasha Warenkiewicz, Jeena Shamsen, Jodie Newell
- Fourth Grade Team: Debbie Fox, Aarthi Balachandran, Jordyn Alessi, Ali Welge
- Fifth Grade Team: Christi Taylor, Hazel DeWitt
- Specialist Team: Phoebe Choi, Bob Rees, Jack Sturgess, Charis Whalen, Vanessa Suarez
- Academic Specialist Team: Suzanne Corner (K-5 Reading) & Jessica Springer (K-5 Math)
While we appreciate parent interest in student placement, parent requests for class placement are kindly declined. We have a process for placement to ensure that the classes are balanced.
Parent Survey – It’s a great day to share how we’re doing. Please take a few minutes to complete the CHA Family Satisfaction survey, which will remain open until 5/03/2021. Click here to participate.
CHAPTER Flower Baskets – Thank you, Grace Guan for hosting the CHAPTER Flower Basket sale. We appreciate and look forward to enjoying the beautiful baskets.
CHA Rebranding – We are excited to announce that we will shortly have a new school logo! As well as sharing the new design with you, I would like to share the designer’s thought process as I hope you will agree it sums up CHA in a nutshell (pun intended). The child with open arms upward on a hill expresses the initial letters of our school, friendly, welcoming, openness along with excitement, leadership, ambition, and achievement. The child is the trunk of the tree expressing growth, strength, foundation, and core in a thriving situation. The mechanical gears represent our support system, the spinning wheels represent thinking and imagination, engineering, creativity, and innovation, while the different shapes represent diversity. I hope that you enjoy the new logo, as well as the sentiment behind it.
We are also excited to tell you that on June 1st we will be deploying a new, improved website which Mrs. Morlidge is busy building at the moment. Naturally, a rebranding exercise does not just mean a new logo. It means updating every place where we use our logo, which we hope to complete over the summer. This also includes uniforms, which is why we are telling you now. The current logo will be grandfathered in until the end of the next school year, so your child can continue to enjoy their current clothing items (and items from the Uniform Swap) for another 14 months. Our uniform vendors, Land’s End and Dennis, are working to get the new logo applied to logoed apparel items and they will be available for purchase in the next few weeks. We will let you know as soon as they are available.
CHA Specialists’ Newsletter – You can view this week’s newsletter here. If you have any questions about the content, please contact your child’s teacher directly. You can find all our teachers here, and you can find information about the individual programs here.
Weekly Snack List - You can view the snacks Chef Liam will be offering to in-person students next week here at the bottom of the page. If your child is not eating the school snack, you are welcome to send a nut-free alternative to school in their backpack.
- Return to In-Person - We will have 238 of our 293 students back as of Monday, April 26th (yay!). Thank you for the trust you place in us to keep your children safe. You will find the information you need here. Q’s: Email [email protected]
- May Lunch Order Form - https://www.chestnuthillacademy.com/lunches
- Spring Recital - Tuesday, May 11th and Wednesday, May 12th. The recital will be held virtually on Microsoft Teams at 6pm. Please submit a video of your child’s performance to me by Saturday, May 1st. You can send me a link via Teams or email ([email protected]).
- Summer Camp – Camp Explorations information is available, and it is time to register! Everything you need to know about summer camp can be found here, and don’t forget to take advantage of the Early Bird Discount by registering prior to May 14, 2021! Q’s: Email [email protected]
- Lost and Found - Mabels Labels sells lovely iron-on labels that also benefit the PTA. You can find ordering information here. ·
- Yearbook Photo Submissions - Please submit the photos with a brief description here and use the access code: chestnut. ·
- Previous issues of Campus Updates can be viewed here.
Holly Senaga, Head of School