In this update:
- Important Upcoming Dates
- Holiday Gifts
- Multicultural Fair Video
- ParentWiser Event
- Specialists’ Newsletter
- COVID Update
- CHAPTER Winter Socials Feedback
Important upcoming dates:
- December 18 – Drive Through Festival of Peace and Light (no school, no childcare)
- December 21-23 – Winter Intersession, Childcare Provided
- December 24-25 – Winter Intersession, No Childcare
- December 28-31 – Winter Intersession, Childcare Provided
- December 31 – January Lunch Order Form Deadline
- January 1 - Winter Break and Intersession: No school, no childcare
- January 9 - Virtual Open House
- January 15 - Professional Development Day - No School, No Childcare
- January 18 – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day - No School, No Childcare
- January 20th - “Managing Anxiety, Stress and Parenting”
Celebrating what we have accomplished together throughout this year brings me an immeasurable sense of pride. Together as a community we shifted and supported a new way of learning; not just for students, but for teachers and parents. We would be in a different place right now had we not come together as a community. A community that supports one another in the good times and the hard times. I will be forever grateful to each of you for the trust you’ve placed in us to support our young leaders as they grow and explore their educational journey. I’m honored to serve as your Head of School and look forward to welcoming you back to the promising new year 2021 promises to be. Wishing you health, happiness, and a Happy Holidays!
Holiday Gifts - It is difficult to capture the multitude of emotions a faculty member will express when being handed an envelope, a gift bag, family holiday cards, hand-drawn cards and pictures, and kind messages and emails of appreciation. It is heartwarming and overwhelming to think you’ve positively impacted a child or family’s life in such a manner that they’d think of you. Today, after meeting with Victoria Hunter I had the privilege of handing out the CHAPTER sponsored gift cards. Upon opening, the shock at your generosity is met with surprise, disbelieve and a lot of, “What is this? No, really?” We greatly appreciate Victoria’s time and organization. Having worked through Rally Up, she determined it didn’t capture the ease of experience she was hoping parents would have and therefore created a site parents utilized. The endless hours she spent for our benefit is an unbelievable gift in and of itself. On behalf of the CHA faculty and staff, we appreciate your kindness, generosity and are grateful for the opportunity to partner with this extraordinary parent community.
Multicultural Fair - CHA students have been working hard on their projects for the Multicultural Fair. Thank you for your help supporting your children in these projects, and for sending photos of them working on the projects at home. Mr. Rees has created a wonderful video showing the students’ knowledge of countries near and far through words and songs. As well as the students, the video also includes the inaugural performance of the CHA choir and my holiday message to our families. The video has been loaded to the CHA Dropbox and shared via email and Teams. The students can also find the video in the ‘Files’ section of their grade-level teams. In order to respect the privacy of our community, we require that you do not share this video outside your family and do not post it on social media.
ParentWiser - is hosting clinical psychologist, Dr. Lisa Damour on January 20th at 4 pm to present “Managing Anxiety, Stress and Parenting”. Dr. Damour’s resume is long and mighty with her monthly column for the New York Times, best-selling books, weekly podcasts, and private practice. Dr. Damour will teach us how to keep pressure and tension from reaching toxic levels and she will coach us on how to support our children in cultivating these skills. Register at www.parentwiser.org/events or directly on Eventbrite.
CHA Specialists’ Newsletter – Ms. Gorski will be posting the newsletter here tomorrow. If you have any questions about the content, please contact your child’s teacher directly. You can find all our teachers here, and you can find information about the individual programs here.
CHAPTER Winter Socials Feedback - Thank you for participating in the CHAPTER Winter Socials this past Friday and making them a great success! We hope you and your family had fun catching up, reconnecting, and getting to know our new families in the CHA community. With this being the first virtual CHAPTER event, we would like to ask for your feedback and suggestions in the survey here. Please respond to this short questionnaire by Friday, Dec 18th. Your feedback will help guide us in the planning of future virtual events. Thank you and happy holidays! Sincerely, CHAPTER
- January Lunch Order Form - The January lunch order form is now open for parents of in-person students. You can find the form here. The deadline for placing your order is 4 pm, December 31st. Please send any questions to [email protected]: We love sushi, BBQ’ing, and chicken tacos!
- Tackling Topics Together – Please join us on January 8, 2020, for a continuation of our Virtual Book Club series! You can register for the conversation here.
- Snow Days - Please take a minute to review our Emergency Closures web page to make sure you understand the plan and are set up to receive notifications.
- Yearbook Photo Submissions - Please submit the photos with a brief description here and use the access code: chestnut.
- Previous issues of Campus Updates can be viewed here.
I look forward to seeing you at our drive through tomorrow if you are able to make it.
Holly Senaga, Head of School