In This Update:
- Important Upcoming Dates
- Parent-teacher conferences
- Specialists Newsletter
- Weekly Snack List
Important upcoming dates:
- Professional Development, No School and No Childcare – November 1st
- CHA Open House – November 2nd, 9:00 am - 11:00 am
- New Parent Ski Orientation – November 6th, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Diwali Celebration (Free Dress) – November 8th, 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- 6th Annual CHA Mom’s Night Out – November 8th, 6:00 – 9:00
- 3rd Grade Social at Lucky Strike – November 10th
- Red, White and Blue Dress – November 11th
- Screenagers - November 19th, 7:00 - 9:00 pm
- Parent-Teacher Conferences – November 20th, 21st & 22nd
- Thanksgiving Break – November 25th, 26th, and 27th: No school, childcare provided
- Thanksgiving – November 28th and 29th: No school, no childcare
Dear CHA Community,
Posted platitudes, this is what most people generally think of mission statements when they see one, typically because our experience with them is that they don’t have a presence. But what if it did? What if you created a Family Mission Statement that focused around a common purpose? When you create a Family Mission Statement, you answer two questions. Why do we exist, and what purpose do we serve? Imagine if every individual member or your family could clearly define what’s most significant to you.
A Family Mission Statement allows you to express who you are as a family, what you value, and what you’re passionate about. It’s important to embrace the process and value everyone’s input. Pulling together the whole family to create a mission that is easy to recite and remember for everyone is key.
Sometimes we get caught up in the product without realizing the most important piece is the process. Your statement should drive your family’s goals and create a positive action-oriented feeling. If you feel inspired and invigorated when you read it, then you’re on the right track to living it. It’s a living expression of who your family is and what you’re about. My family’s mission statement is ever-changing because we’re all growing and changing as individuals. At the forefront of our statement is to always lead ourselves each day to be and to do what really matters most by empowering ourselves and others to make a difference every day. Connecting and understanding that our shared values are what defines us as a family is paramount to our success as leaders.
Parent-Teacher Conferences – The Sign-Ups for grade-level parent-teacher conferences will open at 8:00 on Friday. They will all be listed on our Sign-Ups Page here. This trimester, we will also be offering parents the opportunity to conference with the specialists. It’s a little hard to anticipate the demand for this as it’s the first time in a few years that parents have had this opportunity. Rather than a formal sign-up, we ask that you contact the specialist you wish to meet with via email to arrange a suitable time during the three conference days, November 20th, 21st, and 22nd. You will find our specialist team and their contact details here.
Specialists Newsletter – Each week we compile a newsletter outlining what your students have been doing in their specialist classes. You can view this week’s Specialist Newsletter here and on the home page of the website. If you have any questions about the newsletter, please email Sarah Morlidge.
Weekly Snack List - You can view the snacks Chef Jose will be offering next week here. If your child will not be eating the school snack, you are welcome to send a nut-free alternative to school in their backpack.
- 6th Annual CHA Mom’s Night Out - Friday, November 8th, 6:00 - 9:00 pm. Please click the link below to register and RSVP by Nov 4th. Limited space available so please register today!! http://cha-chapter.org/ *Please note that this is an adult-only event. *
- Admissions and Parent Referral Program - Parents who made family referrals whose children are accepted will receive a Referral Bonus of $250 per family. Please direct them to www.chestnuthillacademy.com/admissions. Thank you for your recommendations.
- Screenagers Tickets Available – Tickets to the showing of “Screenagers: The Next Chapter” can be secured here for CHA families. · Ski Season - All the information you need regarding the Ski program is here.
- Sibling Applications - Our application deadline this year is January 24th, 2019, and you can begin your application process here. · November Conferences Childcare Sign Up - This sign-up site closes Tuesday, November 12th at 4:00 pm. Any sign-ups after this time will be considered late and a $50 late fee will be charged to your account. · Thanksgiving Break Childcare Sign Up - This sign-up site closes Monday, November 18th at 4:00 pm. Any sign-ups after this time will be considered late and a $50 late fee will be charged to your account.