Due to the restrictions we will be operating under in the fall, Lunch and Morning Snack will be delivered to classrooms. The school will provide a morning and Extended Day snack. Students who would like an afternoon snack prior to school getting out should bring one from home. Lunch will be ordered through the here as usual. Parents can still send in a packed lunch if preferred. Students will eat within their grade level rooms.
At Chestnut Hill Academy, students enjoy nutritionally balanced, attractive meals prepared from scratch in our on-site commercial kitchen. Our menu features a wide range of multicultural food items to represent and reflect different food cultures as an extension of the diversity awareness activities that are engaged in at school. You can order lunches for the upcoming month using the links above. Please be aware that orders need to be placed one month ahead. Snacks are provided in the morning and during our Extended Day program. A vegetarian option is available for every lunch, and our school follows a nut-safe policy in recognition of the prevalence of peanut and tree nut allergies.
Family-Style Dining at CHA
CHA removed the lunch line and moved to family-style dining in Fall 2019. Whether you’re eating at home, dining out, or having dinner with friends, good table manners for children are an essential part of every meal. Teaching children good table manners gives them essential tools for social interaction that will serve them for the rest of their lives.
What is ”Eatiquette”?
Coined by James Beard, Eatiquette is based on a simple concept: give children a lovely meal and create high expectations, meaning set real silverware, plates, and cups along with a refined menu and they will eat. We will strive to teach the students the basic table manners outlined in the CHA Parent Handbook, which include but are not limited to:
- Come to the table with clean hands.
- When passing food use “please” and “thank you.”
- Choose appropriate meal topics.
- Wait until everyone is served before eating.
- Never, ever chew with your mouth open or talk with your mouth full.
- Do not interrupt when someone else is talking.
- Do not talk with your mouth full.
- Put your napkin in your lap.
- Use a soft voice in the cafeteria.
- Sit properly in your chair and stay there.
- Remember to throw away your garbage in the appropriate receptacle and to recycle whenever possible. Stay seated while eating.