The Book Fair’s mission is twofold:
To further instill a love of reading in our children.
To build and restock our CHA teachers’ classroom libraries, collections that are used to provide casual reading/borrowing options to our children beyond students’ weekly Library check-out allowances.
At the end of the Book Fair, we use the credits accumulated to purchase books for your child's homerooms, as well as specialist classes.
In-Person Scholastic Book Fair [October 10th to October 14th, 2022]
- Every dollar you spend during the in-person book fair, will benefit our school directly. 50% of in-person sales will be credited to CHA to purchase additional books for classrooms.
- To view this year’s featured books, check out the Scholastic Digital Flyer.
- This year we are located in Room #323 on the third floor.
- Mon, Oct 10: 3pm-5:30PM
- Tue, Oct 11: 8am-9am & 3pm-5:30pm
- Wed, Oct 12: 8am-9am & 3pm-5:30pm
- Thu, Oct 11: 8am-9am & 3pm-5:30pm
- Fri, Oct 14: 8am-9am & 3pm-8pm - open during the Fall Festival
Online Scholastic Book Fair - [October 10th to October 23rd, 2022]If you are unable to attend the Book Fair in-person, we invite you to visit our online Book Fair.
Every dollar you spend online, 25% of your purchase will be credited to CHA. (It will drop to 2% after these dates).
Books must be purchased through the CHA Scholastic Store for CHA to receive credit. Click here to shop the CHA Online Scholastic Book Fair.
Please feel free to share these links with your families and friends outside of CHA in support of our school.
FREE shipping on orders over $25* (books only).
To view this year’s featured books, check out the Scholastic Digital Flyer.
Special Book Fair Events:
- Reading Week (October 3rd - 7th) – The Librarian will host story time featuring books from the Scholastic flyer, author video preview, etc.
- You Were Caught Reading (October 10th - 14th) – When your student is caught reading at school, their teachers will enter their name in the “You Were Caught Reading” drawing. The Book Fair Team will draw 2 winners per grade, every day. The winners will be given a certificate to redeem up to $15 at the book fair on a book of choice.
Teams Book Fair Channel:
Please be sure to visit the Book Fair Channel on CHA Teams during the Book Fair week where you will find detailed information about the book fair, announcements, and the always popular “YOU’VE BEEN CAUGHT READING” prize drawings. You’ll also be able to ask questions there.
Want to know how many Accelerated Reader Points a book is worth?
- POINTS SCAN – Lets you scan a book's barcode with your smart phone and instantly link AR information. Click here to download Points Scan for Apple Phone.
- ARBOOKFIND - manually type in book title or author to search AR information here.
We would LOVE your help at the Book Fair. If you are interested in volunteering or are an Alumni of CHA, please sign up at Book Fair Volunteer. For questions, please contact BookFair@chestnuthillacademy.com.