At CHA we believe that wearing a uniform promotes peer acceptance and school pride, lessens the emphasis on fashion, enhances academic focus, and makes life easier for parents. Dress Uniform is required on Mondays (unless its a PE day), picture day and on most field trips. Other days, standard uniform options may be worn.
Several days each year we have “free dress” days which are announced in advance. Uniforms are also not required during intersessions or camp.
Uniform Information Video
Uniform Look Book UNIFORM INFORMATION
- Should we get dress uniforms as well as daily uniforms? You need at least one set of dress uniform. Normally students wear dress uniform on Mondays, and for school trips, photographs, festivals etc. The rest of the week you can wear dress uniform, or the daily uniform which includes the khaki skirt/pants/shorts, the navy jumper and the blue or green shirts.
- What is the Uniform Swap? The Uniform Swap is a room here at school where parents drop off gently used uniform that their children have grown out of. You can request items from the swap for your child, which are free of charge. Learn more.
- How many uniforms should I buy? Your child will need one set of dress uniform, two sets of PE uniform (students do PE twice a week and stay in their PE uniform all day), and two sets of the daily uniform.
- Which vendor should I use? The black watch plaid jumpers, skirts and skorts are only available from Dennis Uniform. For the green logo’d sweaters, cardigans and sweater vests as the Dennis Uniform ones have a higher manmade fiber content, keep their color, wear better and last longer, but the Land's End ones are softer. Dennis also have socks, tights and uniform hair accessories. Items like khaki pants and plain navy track pants can also be found at non-uniform stores.
- How long does uniform take to arrive? Land's End orders should arrive in 10 to 14 business days for logo'd items with standard shipping, and 11 to 15 business days for logos + hemming with standard shipping. We strongly recommend using the sizing guidelines on this website to avoid ordering the wrong size the first time around.
- Do students have to wear blue masks? Masks are optional at CHA. To allow students some creative freedom of expression with their masks (in the hopes of making wearing them a more fun experience), we do not require a particular color. Masks should be school and age-appropriate and not feature graphics that are likely to cause upset or offense. No masks with an exhalation valve or gaiters, please.
Can the personalized sweatshirt be worn to school as part of the uniform or is this only on PE day? The personalized sweatshirt can only be worn on PE days. For the rest of the week, students should be in Dress Uniform (Mondays) or Standard Uniform, neither of which includes a sweatshirt option.
Click here to order your OPTIONAL Official CHA Sweatshirt
Please add your student’s last name to the back of the sweatshirt! This sweatshirt may be worn as part of the PE uniform, but not the standard or dress uniform.
Labels are really important if you want your child to bring home their own clothes. You can get them from Mabel’s Labels here and our PTA, CHAPTER, gets a small donation with each purchase. Just remember to choose “CHAPTER Chestnut Hill Academy (Bellevue)” for our school.
If you are looking for a labeling solution that will withstand washing machines and tumble dryers, Label Weavers supply embroidered sew on labels.