Extended Day is our before and after school program which you can enroll in when you register for enrollment with TADS. Payment will be drafted via ACH. During AM Extended Day students have the opportunity to spend time with other students in the classrooms and outside (weather permitting). The afternoon Extended Day Program begins at 3:30 p.m. Instructional Assistants working with each grade level facilitate a daily routine including: a snack break (students need to provide their own nut-free snack from home), a brief recess period, participate in a lesson created to extend Leader In Me practice into Extended Day Programs, and begin working on their homework. Students are encouraged to complete as much of their homework as possible during the designated time in Extended Day and will receive support from the Instructional Assistants if needed.
Camp - During scheduled conferences and intersessions (Goal Setting, Parent/Teacher Conferences, Winter Break, Mid-Winter Break, Spring Break), CHA offers childcare. These daily activities center around varying themes that change with each session. Our campers explore art, science, technology, music and more each day while working with teachers they know. You can see the themes of upcoming comes on the right sidebar of this page. If you would like your child to attend, you will need to register using one of the options listed below.
For details of costs associated with the Extended Day and Camp programs please visit our Tuition page here.
Winter Break Camp - There will be two separate weeks of winter camp.
· Monday, December 18th, Through Friday, December 22nd.
· Tuesday, December 26th, Through Friday, December 29th.
*Please note that there is no childcare offered on December 25th.
There will be no school on these days, but childcare will be available for kindergarten through fifth grade.
Our camp hours are from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
We will have an extended day from 7:30 AM - 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM.
This year our Winter Camp at CHA will be related to Harry Potter! Giving everyone an opportunity to immerse themselves in the atmosphere of magic, wand-making, and experimental potions.
Non-CHA families can register for Winter Break Camp here.
- If you will be using your Back-Up Care Advantage or School’s Out! benefit to reserve space for your child, you will submit your reservation directly through the Back-Up Care Advantage System.
- All sign-ups must be submitted by Friday, December 1st, at 5:00 PM. Registrations after this date will incur a $50 late fee.
- Please keep in mind If we have met our maximum capacity for childcare on those days, we will reach out to you to regretfully notify you that we cannot accommodate your request for this session. Thank you for your understanding.
Do you want to use BUCA or School’s Out benefits? Please register directly through Back-Up Care Advantage. You will be billed through the Back-Up Care Advantage system. Please note that the School’s Out and BUCA benefits involve different rates/features.
- If you have missed the registration deadline (excluding BUCA) or have not registered for a care session and arrive expecting care, your camper will be accepted for care (assuming there is space available) and a late fee of $50/day will be charged on intersession and conference days. Regular camp charges still apply, including Extended Day fees. The Winter Break camp registration deadline is 12/01.
- If you need to cancel a registration, please do so at least two weeks prior to the date of care to avoid being charged for the full care session.
- Any child remaining at CHA when Extended Day closes will be charged $10 per minute in late pick-up fees to their account until their parents have picked them up. Please use this form to pay late pick-up fees.
EXTENDED DAY AND CHILDCARE FAQ’S
Do I have to register through both the Camp Registration form and the School’s Out system if I need care during conference days? If you are a Microsoft family utilizing the School’s Out or Back-Up Care benefit, then you must register through the School’s Out or Back-Up Care system. If you are not a Microsoft employee, you must register through the Camp Registration Form above which will be sent out out in Campus Updates.
Are camp day charges are included in the monthly Extended Day charge? Beginning in Fall 2023, childcare for parent-teacher conferences and goal-setting days are not included in the Extended Day package. Instead, a separate charge will be billed to your account if your child attends.
How do I sign up for the after-school care program, and how do I make payments for it? If you want your student to be enrolled in our after-school care program (Extended Day), you should indicate this on your TADS Registration. Payment for Extended Day will be drafted automatically via ACH.