How to Apply
Our admissions process is an opportunity for you to see if CHA is a good fit for your child and your family. By visiting the school we hope you will learn what makes Chestnut Hill Academy stand out from all the other excellent options available to you. To start the application process, just click on the ‘Apply Online’ icon to be taken to Ravenna, where you will be able to schedule a visit or book a spot for our upcoming Open House.
There is a useful Ravenna User Guide for Parents which you can view here. Please be aware the Kindergarten applicants will need to have turned 5 by September 30th in the proposed year of entry.
We also conduct rolling admissions throughout the year on a space-available basis. If you have missed the deadline, please email us at [email protected] or call us at (425) 372-2800 with any questions. We still have a few spots available for the 2019-20 school year.
Application timeline for 2020/21:
- September – Start accepting applications for the following school year
- January 24th – Recommended deadline to submit an application. Limited spaces may still be available in some grades after this date. Please email [email protected] for availability.
- January 28th - K & 1st Sibling Assessments
- February 4th and February 7th – K & 1st Assessments
- February 21st - Letters of Acceptance are mailed out for siblings and Bright Horizons families
- March 6th – Letters of Acceptance are mailed out
- March 6th - Deadline for Acceptance contracts for siblings and Bright Horizons families
- March 20th – Deadline for Acceptance contracts
- April 22nd – New Parent Orientation
Application process for 2020/21:
- Explore our website
- Tour CHA /attend an Open House
- Complete application form
- Schedule a student assessment (Ravenna)
- Schedule a half-day visit (2nd - 5th grade) (Ravenna)
- Submit Kindergarten Recommendation
- Submit transcripts (2nd - 5th grade)
- Submit Teacher Evaluation (2nd - 5th grade)
“We are very content with the quality of the education, friendly staff and teachers, and how much importance is given to qualities like kindness and greenness.”
“We have been a Bright Horizons family for couple years. When my son was in preschool we have toured the school, from then on, we decided we will go there so we moved to the place where is closer to school. My son has been in the school for less than one year, and the school doesn’t disappoint us at all. All kind of activities, from family math night to stem night, from field trip to ski days (one day a week for five days), personalized class for kids, enriched curriculum, my son can’t be happier. Last christmas, I planned a trip which would miss some school days , my son almost cried and told me “I don’t want to miss any school day, could you plan the trip in no school days next time”.
Last and most important thing I want to say is we love the head of school, Holly so much!”