At a Glance
- Established: 1998.
- Grades: Kindergarten – Fifth Grade.
- School Type: Independent, secular, co-educational day school.
- Enrollment: Enrollment: 368 students in 2023-24
- Accreditations: OSPI (Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction). OSPI Code 1463. NCES ID A0110106
- Affiliations: WFIS (WA Federation of Independent Schools). NAIS (National Association of Independent Schools). CHA is a ‘Leader in Me’ School and holds King County ‘Sustaining Level’ Green School status.
- Head of School: Holly Senaga, B.A., M.A.Ed. Administration, M.A.Ed. Creative Arts and Learning
- Assistant Head of School: Lindsey Roseland, B.A., Elementary Education, M.A.Ed. Educational Leadership
- Faculty: There are 38 teaching staff (Teachers, Specialists, and Substitutes), comprised of 4 men and 34 women. 66% of our certified teaching staff and 100% of the senior leadership team have Master’s Degrees. On average, our certified teachers have 8 years of teaching experience.
- Student-to-teacher ratio: An average class size is 16. The ratio during prime instruction blocks is typically lower, as Instructional Assistants support differentiated instruction during Math and Language Arts.
- Campus: Our campus is located in Factoria, just off the I-90 and 405.
- Hours of Operation: The CHA Campus is open from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Kindergarten-5th Grade meets 5 days a week, 8:30-3:30. Before and after school care is available daily for all children enrolled in our Extended Day program.
- School Colors: Reflective Blue and Forest Green.
- School Mascot: The Chipmunk.
- Facilities: An all-weather surface soccer field, playground, a cafeteria, two science labs, a computer lab, a library, an art studio, and a gymnasium.
- Technology: A fully connected campus, maintaining a high-speed Ethernet network and Internet connection, Windows 10 throughout campus, computers in all classrooms, a fully equipped technology lab with 2 3D printers, 1:1 tablet/laptops for all 1st through 5th Grade students, projectors, document cameras and interactive whiteboards in every classroom.
- PTA: The school has a very active parent body called CHAPTER (CHA Parents and Teachers Ensuring Results).
- Curriculum: CHA offers an accelerated and differentiated curriculum that encompasses service-learning projects and philanthropy.
- Specialist Classes: Art, Computer Science, Music, Spanish, Library Science, and Physical Education.
- Extracurricular Classes: Onsite after-school classes are offered.
- Before and After School Care: CHA is open from 7:30 - 5:30 all year round except for public holidays.
- Tax ID: 04-2949680
- City of Bellevue Business Registration License: 053834
Our logo designer's thought process sums up CHA in a nutshell (pun intended). "The child with open arms upward on a hill expresses the initial letters of our school, friendly, welcoming, openness along with excitement, leadership, ambition, and achievement. The child is the trunk of the tree expressing growth, strength, foundation, and core in a thriving situation. The mechanical gears represent our support system, the spinning wheels represent thinking and imagination, engineering, creativity, and innovation, while the different shapes represent diversity. "
"Some things I love about CHA are dedicated, excited and professional teachers and staff, that everything is perfectly organized, and classrooms are well stocked. Small class sizes of 15 or less, guaranteed before and after school care, great extracurriculars, amazing administration, beautiful facility and grounds, interactive panels in all rooms, tablets for all, big tech lab that each class goes to weekly, healthy/tasty food, multiple snacks during the day, and the ski program! The school provides the ability for teachers to use different curriculums that best suit the child, focuses on the whole child, not just academics and provides art, music, library, Spanish, PE and tech. There are lots of ways for parents to be involved and CHA encourages students to respect each other and treat each other well, as well as provide the framework for good behavior, with tools like Leader In Me and Bucket filling, and then provides lots of positive reinforcement."