Chestnut Hill Academy students must wear a complete uniform at all times. Adherence to these uniform regulations promotes peer acceptance and school pride, lessens the emphasis on fashion, instills student discipline, and enhances academic focus. Uniforms may be purchased from Dennis Uniform or Lands’ End catalog. There are several days each year which are “free dress” days; these will be announced in advance. Uniforms are not required during intersession periods or summer camp. The Dress Uniform is required every Monday. There will also be other days in which Dress Uniforms will be required (such as picture day and on most field trips). On other days, uniform options may be worn. All ‘outer’ wear worn in the building (sweaters, polo shirts, and fleeces) are required to have the CHA logo on them.
- White polo or peter pan collar shirt*
- Green cardigan*
- Green sweater vest*
- Green sweater*
- Khaki shorts or pants
- Blackwatch jumper, skirt or skort
- Socks / tights - white/navy/forest green/brown/black
- Shoes - black, brown or navy
DAILY UNIFORM - any of the above, as well as:
- Green or navy polo shirt*, long or short sleeves
- Navy polo dress*, long or short sleeves
- Khaki skirt or skort
- Navy jumper*
- Socks / Tights - same as the dress uniform
- Shoes or tennis shoes (non-skid sole)
- Grey T-shirt*, long or short sleeves
- Navy sweatshirt* (crew or hoodie) or track jacket*
- Navy sweat or track pants
- Navy mesh shorts
- Tennis shoes, non-skid soles
CHA OUTERWEAR (optional)
- Blue microfiber fleece (full zip or half zip) or jacket*
- Blue insulated vest*
- Blackwatch hairbow, headband or scrunchy, belt
- Navy modesty/bike shorts
* Logo Required
Examples of Dress Uniform Shoes for Boys:
- Should we get dress uniforms as well as daily uniforms? You do need at least one set of dress uniform. Normally students wear dress uniform on Mondays, and for school trips, photographs, festivals etc. The other days of the week you can wear dress uniform, or you can wear the daily uniform which includes the khaki skirt/pants/shorts, the navy jumper and the blue or green shirts.
- Could you please let us know what uniform swap is? The Uniform Swap is a room here at school which is open 7-6 every day, where parents drop off gently used uniform that their children have grown out of, which you are welcome to take for your child to wear until they grow out of it, then you bring it back.
- How many uniforms should I buy? Your child will need one set of dress uniform, two sets of PE uniform (students do PE twice a week and stay in their PE uniform all day), and two sets of the daily uniform.
Click here for the
‘Uniform Look Book’
School Code: XBWCHA
sign up for promotional emails here
School Code: 900079401
Labels are available from Mabel’s Labels here and our PTA, CHAPTER, gets a small donation with each purchase. Just remember to select “CHAPTER Chestnut Hill Academy (Bellevue)” from the dropdown list, then select an option from the ‘Clothing Labels’ dropdown.
If you are new to CHA, our Uniform Swap volunteers will try to source a starter kit of gently used items to assist you with sizing and style choice. Find out more here. Availability is dependent on supply, and not guaranteed.
Click here to order your CHA Official Sweatshirt
Please add your student’s last name to the back of the sweatshirt!
All students must wear socks and shoes with closed toes and backs (no sandals, clogs, or open-back shoes). No jewelry other than stud earrings, necklaces that are tucked under the shirt, and watches are permitted. No make-up may be worn at school; this includes lip gloss (students are permitted to use Chapstick with a completed medical communication form from the parents.) All girls’ hair ribbons, ties, bows, and clips must stay within the CHA color scheme. Hair should be brushed and neat.