CHA Exchange Program
CHA is piloting an exchange program with ETU, a school in Beijing started by one of the Leadership Directors of China at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. We feel this opportunity supports our mission to provide students with a truly global connection. Participating students will join regular class rotations and specialist classes alongside CHA students. If you would like more information about the program, please contact Head of School, Holly Senaga. The information below is provided for families in China visiting the US.
School Hours: School is open Monday through Friday, from 8:30 - 3:30. Extended Day is available every school day from 7:00 - 8:30 and from 3:30 - 6:00 p.m. Exchange students must be picked up by 6:00 p.m. or a late pick-up fee of $10/minute will be incurred.
Lunch Program: Our cafeteria makes delicious, well-balanced lunches which we serve family style. Each day there is also a vegetarian option. If you choose to bring your own lunch and/or snack, please note that CHA is a Nut Safe School and products containing nuts will be disposed of.
What should my child bring to school? Your child will have a personal locker in which they can store the belongings they bring each day. A backpack or bag is recommended along with a labeled water bottle. Students should be in the CHA school uniform and wearing suitable shoes. Outdoor jackets are required. If students are joining the CHA Ski Program, they will also need ski clothes and equipment.
How do I register?
- Please complete the CHA Exchange Program Registration Form.
- Please complete the forms in the ‘CHA Health Forms Required for Exchange Students’ section at the bottom of this page, before your child arrives at CHA. Immunization records are mandatory for all students, others depend on your child’s circumstances.
- To secure your child’s place on the program, please pay the following fees using your credit card here:
- Exchange Program Fee - $2,499
- AM & PM Extended Day Fee - $300 (for one month)
- Lunch Fees - $80 (for one month)
- Skiing - Cost determined and billed by the vendor, the information will be supplied by CHA.
- Uniform - Cost determined and billed by the vendor, the information will be supplied by CHA.
CHA Health Forms Required for Exchange Students
- Immunization Form - required by all students
- Asthma Health Care Plan required along with Administration of Medication Form if your child has asthma.*
- Allergy Health Care Plan required along with Administration of Medication Form if your child has allergies.*
- Administration of Medication Form - required if your child has asthma or allergies that require medication. One form per medication please.*
- Individual Health Plan and an Administration of Medication Form - required if your child has a medical condition or illness (other than asthma or allergies) that requires medication. One form per medication please.*
Exchange Program Schedule*
7:00-8:00 AM Extended Day
8:00-8:30 AM Outside time
8:30 AM School Starts
8:30-12:00 Classes (inc. morning snack)
12:00 - 1:00 Lunch and Recess
1:00-3:30 Classes (inc. afternoon snack)
3:30 PM School finishes
3:30-6:00 PM Extended Day (inc. snack)
*During January CHA runs a ski program that affects this schedule. Students in Grades 3 through 5 will be skiing on Wednesdays.
You can find all the information you need about uniform items and vendors here. Click on the link below for the ‘Look Book’.