CHAPTER Book Fair
Friday October 16 – Thursday October 29
The Scholastic Book Fair is back starting Friday, October 16 – Thursday, October 29! You will find a packet of information in the Friday folder picked up on October 15. The cover letter explains more about this year’s online only book fair. You’ll also find a list of book recommendations from Holly and the teachers, a wish list for your child to write down the books they’re hoping to purchase, and Scholastic flyer highlighting some of the books available through the online book fair.
The Book Fair benefits CHA by adding more books to the classrooms and to the library. This fundraiser is a great way to instill a love of reading. This year we have two options to help support our reading program:
- Scholastic Online Book Fair: 25% of your purchase will be credited to CHA to purchase books for classrooms! FREE shipping on orders over $25 (books only). Books must be purchased through the CHA Scholastic Store for CHA to receive credit. Shop the CHA Scholastic Book Fair
- Book Fair Fund: With the Book Fair being exclusively online this year, we are unable to implement the “Teacher Wish List” program. In its place, we have created the Book Fair Fund. Your donation to this fund will enable the school to purchase books for the classrooms and library. Our goal is to raise $5,000. Any amount you are able to contribute would be greatly appreciated. Donate to the Book Fair Fund
- Book Fair Letter
- Click here to shop the CHA Scholastic Book Fair: Shop CHA Book Fair
- Click here to donate to the Book Fair Fund: Donate to the Book Fair Fund
- Teams Book Fair Information Channel
- Teams Book Fair Fun Channel
Book Fair Key Dates
- Start: Friday, October 16
- Reading Week: Friday, October 16 – Thursday, October 22
- You’ve Been Caught Reading: School Days October 16 – October 29
- Dress As Your Favorite Character Day: Thursday, October 22
- End: Thursday, October 29
Teams Book Fair Channels
If you don’t see these channels on your CHA Parents Team, check under “2 hidden channels” at the bottom of your channel list.
- Book Fair Information – here you’ll find information about the book fair, announcements, and links to the home page, shopping page, and donation page. You’ll also be able to post your own questions.
- Book Fair Fun– here you’ll find book trivia questions and you’ve been caught reading posts. You’ll be able to comment with trivia answers and post photos of your child being caught reading.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to the Book Fair co-chairs and our CHA Librarian, Charis Whalen:
- Masae Hung [email protected]
- Masako Tamura [email protected]
- Shirley Du [email protected]
- Tami Cheung [email protected]
- Sandy Rossetti [email protected]
- Charis Whalen [email protected]