In this update:
- Important upcoming dates
- Ski Season
- Art Docent
- December Lunch Order is open
- Vakker Orders Complete
- Conference Sign Ups
- Thanksgiving Break Childcare
- Lost and Found
- Weekly Snack List
- CHAPTER Updates
Important upcoming dates:
- Moms’ Night Out – Saturday, November 10th, 5:00 – 8:00pm
- Veteran’s Day Assembly – Monday, November 12th 2:00 – 3:00pm
- Dads’ Night Out – Tuesday, November 13th, 6:00 – 9:00pm
- Thanksgiving Break Childcare Sign-Up closes - Tuesday, November 13th at 3:30pm
- Winter Extracurricular Enrollment Opens – Friday, November 16th
- Report Cards will be emailed home - Friday, November 16th
- Parent Conferences Sign-Up closes – Friday, November 23rd
- Parent Conferences (No School, childcare provided) - Monday 26th & Tuesday 27th November
- No Extracurricular Classes – the week beginning November 26th
Dear CHA Community,
Our mission is to provide an environment where children become educated global citizens, problem solvers and life-long learners. Our goal is to inspire students to develop a love of learning that stimulates intellectual curiosity which fosters respect, cultivates the unique talents of each community member, supports students in their growth: educationally, socially, and emotionally, while at the same time promotes kindness in a nurturing environment. Our students spent time today practicing our mission as they heard from fellow classmates and their families about the traditions of Diwali. We are thankful to the chairs of this event, Ruchi Bhutani and Sukriti Singhal, along with their team for arranging today’s experience. While every family has different values, beliefs, traditions, and experiences, having exposure and opportunity to explore other cultures and customs invites us to see the world through another’s lens.
Ski Season – Thank you to everyone who came out to the Ski Orientation on Wednesday. We have uploaded the presentation to the CHA website as it contains lots of useful information for skiers new and old. You can view it here. Students who will be participating in our ski program need to be registered by December 7, 2018.
Art Docent - We are very excited to invite local cartoonist, Jeff Johnson, to instruct our 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students about cartoon drawing! Mr. Johnson has been teaching cartooning techniques to children in the Puget Sound area for the past 20 years. He will deliver a program called, “Everyday Heroes” that will include cartooning instruction and culminates in creation of a classroom book. Starting Thursday, November 15th, Mr. Johnson will join our art class Wednesday’s, Thursday’s, and Friday’s for three weeks. Specifically, Mr. Johnson will focus on teaching facial expressions and facial features, character development, bodies in action (human & animal), layout, perspective, and exaggeration. Thank you, CHAPTER, for sponsoring this wonderful opportunity!
December Lunch Order – The December lunch form is open, and will remain open until 4pm on Wednesday, 28th November. You will find the order form and menu here If you have any questions about the menu, the ordering process or the billing, please email email@example.com.
Vakker Photograph Orders – We received the final box from Vakker this week and have distributed the contents via student homerooms. As far as we are aware, all orders have now been fulfilled. If you believe you are still not in receipt of pictures ordered, we would ask that you contact Vakker directly at 425.455.2827 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall Food Drive - Next week, the Student Lighthouse team will host its annual Fall Food Drive at CHA. The food we collect goes to Renewal Food Bank in Bellevue, and we appreciate the opportunity to help others in our local community. Everything we donate is much appreciated by the people at Renewal, but some items are in high demand including canned tuna, soup, canned fruits and vegetables, boxed pasta meals, Top Ramen noodles, toiletry items, tomato sauce, cereal, and jello. Donations may be dropped off at the tables located just beyond the front desk Monday – Friday next week. Thank you for donating and helping us continue our tradition of generosity in supporting our community.
Parent Conference Sign Ups - Sign-ups for November conferences are open until Friday November 23rd at 4pm. You can view them on our CHA Sign-Ups page where you will also find the sign-up for conference day childcare.
Thanksgiving Break Sign Up – This sign-up site closes Tuesday, November 13th at 3:30pm. Any sign-ups after this time will be considered late and a $50 late fee will be charged to your account. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email email@example.com.
Weekly Snack List – You can view the snacks Chef Megan will be offering next week here.
CHAPTER has been busy the past few weeks working on several initiative funded by your generous donations to improve our school. The lower playground will be renovated in the coming months! We are adding monkey bars, 2 disc swings and extra netting to the lower big toy. While scheduling details are being confirmed, we anticipate the equipment will be installed in January.
New AV equipment for the gym is in the works. CHAPTER is considering several proposals and vendor selection is underway. We’ll be working with the vendors to upgrade the sound system and enhance the quality of our assemblies and all school functions in the coming weeks. If there are any AV equipment experts in the audience who would like to take a look at the proposals we have received, we would be happy to get your feedback. Please email Mrs. Morlidge at firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you’d like to hear more about CHAPTER, or have ideas, suggestions and thoughts on how to improve our school and CHA community, please don’t hesitate to reach out to your grade level rep. CHAPTER board members and contact information is located on the CHAPTER section of the CHA website for easy reference here, and you can see what a good-looking crew they are!
Grade Level Socials – These are a great way to connect with other CHA families! If you haven’t received an Evite, please reach out to your grade level representative who you will find here
- Kindergarten – Sunday, November 11th, 1:00-3:00 pm at the Pro Sports Club in Bellevue
- 1st Grade – Sunday November 11th, 2:30-4:30 pm at the Pro Sports Club in Bellevue
- 3rd – 5th Grade - Be sure to sign up soon! The RSVP will close on Nov 12th to ensure we have accurate information for the party. All children participating will required a waiver form needs to be filled, printed and brought by the parents to the facility. The form is available on the CHA website Parent Portal here.3rd – 5th November 16th, 7:00-10:00pm at Arena Sports in Mill Creek. RSVP here.
It’s not too late to register – or just join us – at either Mom or Dad’s Night Out! If you can’t attend, you are welcome to Sponsor a Staff Member in your place. Please contact Holly Senaga for details on sponsorship.
- 5th Annual CHA Mom’s Night Out! - Saturday, November 10th, 5:00 - 8:00pm - Please join the Head of Chestnut Hill Academy, Mrs. Holly Senaga at CANVAS! Paint and Sip Studio in Kirkland. $100 per participant. Net proceeds benefit CHAPTER-PTA. Please click the link below to register. Limited space available, so sign up today!! http://cha-chapter.org/. Please note that this is an adult only event.
- CHA Dads’ Night Out! - Tuesday, November 13, 6:00 -9:30pm - CHAPTER is excited for our annual Dad’s Night Out. Join other CHA dads at K1 Speed in Redmond for an evening of indoor kart racing. $125 per participant. Net proceeds benefit CHAPTER-PTA. Registration is now available at https://cha-chapter.org/. Space is limited, so please register early. Please note that this is an adult only event.
Join soon! CHAPTER membership fees help pay for the ski bus, social events throughout the year, yearbooks, parenting classes, enrichment programs, summer math books, teacher appreciation, and much, much more. For those who haven’t yet joined, we would appreciate your consideration. A link for registration is available at https://cha-chapter.org/.