In this update:
- CHAPTER Auction Photos
- Math is Cool
- Leadership Day
- Spring Extracurricular Classes
- Uniform Swap
- Not receiving emails?
- Policy Reminders
- CHAPTER Spring Baskets
- Camp Explorations
- March 5th - 30th CHAPTER Spring Baskets on Sale
- April 2nd - Leadership Day
- April 3rd – Deadline for Spring Beak Day Care Sign-Up
- April 9th – 13th Spring Break
- April 17th – New Parent Orientation
- April 26th – Spring Basket Pick Up
- May 8th - 11th - No AM or PM Shuttle available
Dear CHA Community,
CHAPTER Auction - Thank you to Anchala Sharma who took beautiful photos at the auction. Mrs. Morlidge has uploaded them to our CHA Flickr Album. This is the link to the album. You will need to be signed in to Flickr to view the photos. If you already have a Flickr account, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the email address associated with your Flickr account. To download a photo, click on the download arrow in the bottom right corner when you are viewing the photo. Anchala also created a short video which you can view here.
Math is Cool - Congratulations Kai, Justin, Jai & Oliver! Within their division, they placed 5th as a team and earned a ribbon. Stop by the front desk to see the plaque they earned in person! Within the division, Justin placed 8th as individual and Oliver placed 15th. They each received a trophy. Justin won the Best of School Award and got a cool mug! It was such a great experience for all, and there is a chance that they will be invited back to the Masters’ competition. Kudos to Coach Chen for all the work she has done with the team!
Musicals - The students cordially invite you to join them for their phenomenal performances. They have been working hard and are excited to perform for you at the Kirkland Performance Center in Kirkland. Please refer to your Week in Review for Musical schedules. We will begin seating 15 minutes before each performance with the exception of parents who purchased Reserved Seating at the Auction. Please have your tickets on hand as space is limited.
Leadership Day – On Monday, April 2nd, CHA will celebrate its 20th Anniversary! Our students are excited to participate in many activities throughout the day as we roll out the red carpet to our community. Every student will be given a t-shirt to wear on this day. The t-shirts were created with Word Clouds by students. You will see Student Lighthouse Members (Student Council) in red, Green Team in green, Student Ambassadors in blue and Student Community is in white. We’ll have an assembly from 9-9:45 to celebrate our Student Leaders of the Month as well as Keynote Speakers, Dr. William Bell, Lisa Conquergood and Ethan Conquergood who will share their journey with leadership. Students will participate in a variety of activities throughout the day including hearing the story, “Only One You” and then design a unique rock that they’ll then place in our new “rock way” down below, visit the “Hall of Leaders” presented by our 5th graders, creating leadership top hats, and making a tile to be placed on the all school art project. Lunch will be catered by Pioneer Grill. Students will have the choice of a beef, pork or veggie dog, chips, drink and fruit. Students are welcome to bring a perishable lunch from home if they prefer. We will have an all school picture in the shape of a “20” that the PSE drone will capture a photo of and we’ll share. After the photo, we’ll have a birthday celebration with cake, popsicles and dancing. Students have been learning the CHA CHA slide and will look forward to demonstrating their dance skills. We look forward to parents to join at the following times:
- 7:00-8:30 Breakfast treats, coffee cart (All Parents)
- 8:00-8:30 Tours by Student Ambassadors and Lighthouse (All Parents)
- 9:00-9:45 Assembly (Parents of Student Leaders of the Month)
- 12:45-2:00 Hall of Leaders (5th Grade Parents)
- 2:00-3:00 CHA Birthday Party (All Parents)
If you would like to volunteer to support the activities on this day from 10-1, please email me at email@example.com. If you would like to practice your CHA CHA slide you will find an excellent tutorial here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=immh3-nQ2uI&t=338s
Shuttle - The shuttle will not be available Tuesday, May 8th thru Friday, May 11th for the AM or PM. Please make other arrangements for transportation on these four days. The normal shuttle will resume service on Monday, May 14th.
Spring Extracurricular Classes – Next week is the final week of the Winter Session. The Spring Session starts the week beginning April 2nd. You can find information for all programs on our website here, and this is a link to the calendar. We are excited to bring Young Sharks™ to CHA for the first time. This program, by KuriousMinds™, promises to be a one of a kind, life-changing project-based experiential entrepreneurship program – think Shark Tank for kids! You can read all about the program here, and the good news is they just dropped the price to $300!
Uniform Swap - With the sun shining (some days at least!), and Spring officially underway, it’s time to think about switching out of winter gear at last. As you sort through your children’s clothes, don’t forget the Uniform Swap! We have a selection of good condition, gently used items which you are welcome to help yourself to. All we ask in return is that you bring in your donations, washed and ready to hang.
Not Receiving Emails? - Please be sure to add our domain and these email addresses firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe sender’s list so that you do not miss out on communication from us, especially if you have a Yahoo or Hotmail account. Spam filters are getting pretty aggressive these days, which is both a blessing and a curse, especially as we prefer to use BCC to protect your email address. For next year, Mrs. Morlidge is contemplating moving to MailChimp for mass emails, but is open to advice if someone out there knows how to fine tune Office 365 to outwit spam filters! There is advice on how to add safe senders here - http://www.chestnuthillacademy.com/tech_tips#Email.
- Campers must be picked up by 6:00 p.m. or a late pick-up fee of $10/minute will be incurred.
- If extracurricular instructor makes any scheduling adjustments, you will be responsible for Extended Day charges incurred.
- If you are enrolled in monthly/yearly Extended Day package, Conference and Goal Setting days are included. Otherwise, you will be charged at the rate of $85/day. Everyone is required to sign-up for these days through the Sign-Ups page on the website.
- Enrollment changes for Intersession or conference day childcare must be made at least one week prior to the date of care to avoid being charged for the full care session.
- If you have missed the registration deadline (excluding BUCA), or have not signed up for a care session and arrive expecting care, your camper will be accepted for care (assuming there is space available) and a late fee of $50 will be charged on intersession and conference days. Regular camp charges still apply, including Extended Day fees.
CHAPTER Spring Baskets - The Spring Baskets will be on sale until March 30th, and the baskets can be picked up from school on Thursday April 26th from the CHA Garage between 2:45-6pm. To order please click here.
Camp Explorations - Be sure to visit the Summer Camp page of the website to find out all about the fun Camp Director, Brandon Poole, has planned. CHA families will receive a 10% Early Bird Discount on enrollment (not including the registration fee or Extended Day) for registration forms submitted by May 19th.
Holly Senaga, Head of School